Thursday, July 31, 2008

kittens

I found four two week old kittens that were dumped behind maggies apartment. Its sixty dollars a kitten to drop them off at the apl. What surprises me is the overall callous reactions I get from most people I tell about my findings. A few people were surprised, or inquired what if I was going to keep any of them. But the majority told me I'm wasting my time, and money and that I should " put them in a bag and drop them off there at night". Of course if I were to find four new kittens everyday my actions and view on the situation may different. Its almost as if I was having a discussion of party politics with someone in that our conversation wasn't a debate over the ethics of dumping cute little kitties but more over the lifestyle preferences and comforts that whoever it was I had been talking to preferred to see in themselves and in this case me. almost like a personal attack........

2 comments:

drifter kid said...

Wow. People really suck. A box of kittens is one of the best signs that there may be a god (albeit a giant fuzzy one who likes to sleep all day and ignore everyone, and who acts in only one mysterious way - by planting boxes of kittens randomly throughout the world). Well, if you can't figure out what to do with them I may be looking for a kitty before going to New York. Or you could raise them as ninjas and clean up Shaker's crime problem. The choice is yours.

Ceez said...

I think I could get behind worshipping a giant fuzzy god who likes to sleep all day and ignore everyone and plants random boxes of kittens in the world.